K, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB (Law Degree) and BA(Hons) Business Degree and Diploma in Legal Practice. Partner in own law firm

How to get BT to remove telegraph pole from my garden

How to get BT to remove telegraph pole from my garden ?

HI there,

Have they refused to? and is it now out of use?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It is still in use,although thry have informed us it is unsafe.When I mentioned this to them they said it was only unsafe for them to climb.If they replaced or removed the pole it would be at a cost to myself.

Hi there,

If it is in use and there is a servitude right for them to use your garden for the telegraph pole or it has been there for 20 years or more, then there is really nothing you can do to have it removed. If however, that is not the case, then your course of action would be to raise an action against them in the Sheriff Court by way of interdict. If in doubt you need to have a look at the title deeds to check whether there is anything in the deeds allowing it to be there.

Having answered your question, please click the "accept" button to allow my time to be credited.