Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

2008 power steering stopped working. 4cyl, 2.4 l. elect

Customer Question

2008 power steering stopped working. 4cyl
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: 2.4 l. elect power st
JA: What is the model of your '08 Saturn?
Customer: vue
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: realized no fluid well because its electric
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont see a relay/fuse for it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The power steering control module on the electronic steering models is a common component that fails and causes this here.Usually a fault code sets for this module failing needing replaced.If you have not had the codes checked using a scan tool that can read all computers in your model this needs done.A code will be set that will help diagnose and locate this issue here.But with the electronic steering it is usually the power steering control module needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I knew that already. I didn't want you to contact me...I tried to stop this transaction
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please do not charge me for this. I don't need your help
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

O.k.,if there is anything else I can help with here let me know as I strive to achieve a 5 star rating.

Thanks Pete