Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, 32 Yrs Exp, All Cars/trucks
13677702

Please inform how to replace the battery on a 2007 Saturn

Customer Question

Please inform how to replace the battery on a 2007 Saturn Ion. Also advise as to series of the replacement.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Randall C replied 6 months ago.

Hello, it is not too difficult, You will need a 5/16th wrench or socket for the terminal bolts. I assume you know where the battery is and can get to it. Your main thing is to remove the NEG cable first., After you change the battery, you will need to drive around some for the idle to be relearned etc, it only takes about 5 minutes of driving to do the relearn.. Here is a link showing the battery info

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Randall. Is the battery in the trunk? What series is the replacement?

oh sorry, I misunderstood what you emant by series of replacement, and yes, is in the trunk. You have to work under the spare tire cover,. here is a picture of the whole car and location of the battery in the rear. Meantime give me a couple minutes to send series number. back shortly. 4 and 5 are the battery in the picture

ok, batteries are by Group number, Your battery is a group 78. now the more you spemnd on one, the longer the warranty persay. All are basically the same, Just the higher in price means maybe a little more cold cranking amps, but really do not need that unless in real cold conditions lots of the year. A mid range or low range price battery is fine, they all are warranted about 5 years on average, Again, the Group # is 78 is what you are looking for battery wise

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank You.

your welcome. Please remember to rate my service provided today and thanks