Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

1994 Saturn SW2. I have a broken EVO solenoid. I tried

Customer Question

1994 Saturn SW2. I have a broken EVO solenoid. I tried getting the part from parts stores and they say they have no vendors and GM discontinued it. In researching, I saw that there may be a kit to bypass it? Anyone know about this or if i should bypass it, or maybe where to get the EVO solenoid?
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 22 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I havent heard of a bypass on this myself here but usually if you can no longer obtain the part needed new from a dealer or any local parts stores it has to be obtained used.I have used a place like http://www.car-part.com to locate a part like this here.If this is not an option for you let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Didn't help. Found a bypass kit online via Amazon. GM made the kit to remove the solenoid and discontinued the solenoids on future models
Expert:  Pete replied 18 days ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.If you would like I can open your question for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No, already found the answer and part on my own
Expert:  Pete replied 15 days ago.

O.k.,if there is anything else we can help with here let us know.

Thanks Pete