Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  22 years GM master tech..ase mater tech
19513769

I have a Saturn vue hybrid. 2009 p0010, p1174, p1a92, p1a9b.

Customer Question

I have a Saturn vue hybrid. 2009 p0010, p1174, p1a92, p1a9b. could you please tell me what to dothe engine indicator light has been on for a while. Service hybrid system and also service stabilitrak and traction control also has been on. I di scan with the codes:
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

how does it run and drive ?

if you clear the codes what codes will return ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sometimes i have to give a lot of gas for it to go. Especially when i stopped. The codes will come back. Also because of the stabitrak service it often gives a weird shake. Could you cancel the phone call
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

sure no phone call

thats all set

Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

for those codes coming back there is a failure going on with the starter generator control module with the module itself being the issue or possibly some of the wiring to it the issue

with any testing to be done requires you to work with the high voltage system on this vehicle i will have to advise you to take this to the shop as if you touch the wrong area of the electrical system when testing it can hurt you

in a nut shell a shop can do a few quick tests to see if that module is bad or not and test the wiring for you

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there another name for the starter generator control.module. is it not easier to just change that?
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

you can try to change it out but that is a guess as to what is wrong with the codes set all say there is an issue with that module or a wire to that module

SGCM module - starter generator control module

it is located on the drivers side of car under the hood behind the drivers side headlight

again you do NOT want to be touching any of that higher voltage system with out proper gloves and training as again if you play with the wrong thing and do not follow procedure you can be hurt

dont forget to rate us here

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What about the other codes
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

the P0010 is usually cause by low oil or dirty oil sticking the intake actuator solenoid

the P1174 is an O2 sensor code usually set from other codes that are set or a bad )2 sensor

both P1a92 and 9D are the module

dont forget to rate us here

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not have code D but B
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

i miss typed 9D

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Anf the stabilitrak and service traction control
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

those will all come on when these types of codes are set as those sub systems can not operate with those other codes being current and those lights and messages are up to tell you those systems can not operate

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you have the part number of the SGCM. I cannot find it on the internet
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

generator control module

i do no have the part number for it

Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

here it is # 12613817

dont forget to rate us here

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They told me that number is ***** for the generator control module
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

that is the only number i have

any local GM dealer should be able to look it up by your VIN number

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am from curacao and there are only 2 hybrid spesialist here. We do not have many hybrid card here Could you tell me how they can test the control module
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I still did not get any response
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was not satisfied with your answer. Could i get my refund