George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

My 2004 Saturn Ion says I only have quarter tank of gas but

Customer Question

My 2004 Saturn Ion says I only have quarter tank of gas but when I go to put gas in it spits it back out and won't take any
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: I don't feel like the car is turned into a gas hog but it stopped same as normal it's only done this one other time and when I drove a little while I got a gas can and it took the gas
JA: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything except for using a gas can instead of going to the pump
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The power steering became very very difficult to turn and power steering light came on but then I turned off the car and turn it back on and it went away
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

We are only allowed to help diagnose and fix one issue per question. Do you want my help on the steering or fuel system?