Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

The plastic lever for the hood release has come off, no.the

Customer Question

the plastic lever for the hood release has come off
JA: Do you hear a thunk when you pull the lever?
Customer: no.the actual phsyical lver has come completely off and is sitting on my passenger seat
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: it is a 2004 ion
JA: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am trying to open it to put windshield fluid in and check my oil level for now. an oil change (which will be my first for this particular vehicle is due pretty soon, and from what i understand the oil filter is easily accessible from the top of the engine compartment.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think that just about covers it
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ronnie replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In most cases if the handle breaks off you are going to need to replace the cable assembly. I have enclosed the steps to do this along with the steps to get the hood open with a bad cable.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Cable%20replacement%20Oct%2024.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Hood%20release%20Oct%2024.pdf