Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 02 Saturn Vue 3.0 V-6 and I have to code readings

Customer Question

I have a 02 Saturn Vue 3.0 V-6 and I have to code readings on it. Code p0700 which is transmission control system malfunction indicator and a p0174 bank 2 system too lean. I have recently gotten a new TCM installed because I was having this same reading. I also got my spark plugs changed because I had a reading for that but now I have the code p0174 that I didn't have.
JA: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?
Customer: There are exactly 108188 miles on the car and I just got my spark plugs changed a few days ago.
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes the code p0174 just came on. But I have been having trouble with the code p0700 for a while now.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes it makes a roaring noise like it's under strain.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • 0700 means there are transmission codes stored and your scan tool is not good enough to access them. The lean code is most likely a vacuum leak.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How can I find the vacuum leak and what should I do about the TCM issues. My truck now makes a loud noise when I drive it for a while. It makes the whole truck shake. It sounds like when you get a flat tire but the tires are fine and it sounds like it's coming from the rear end of the truck.

For the TCM a better scan tool is needed to get those codes.

You can find a vacuum leak by spraying short bursts of carb cleaner around the vacuum lines and intake gaskets. When you spray a leak origin the rpms will change.