Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

I purchased a 2008 Saturn Aura and I was only given one

Customer Question

I purchased a 2008 Saturn Aura and I was only given one ignition key. The Tire Service light is on and the dealership told me that they need the key fob in order to get the light to go off.
My question: if the Service Tire light is on would I be able to buy a new key fob (since one did not come with the car) and have it programmed to the vehicle and then use it to get the Service Tire light to go off? Or am I just in a catch 22 without the original Fob?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

The tpms and keyless are the same module. This could be a problem with the tpms module. You could try getting a new fob and programming it, you should not need the original as that can be erased from the memory with the scan tool.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks