George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years

2008 Saturn Vue 3.6 engine redline (just finished MAF

Customer Question

2008 Saturn Vue 3.6 engine redline (just finished MAF cleaning of 0xygen sensor).....light came on on dash (engine picture with an arrow pointing down).....NOTICE: this was a straight arrow....NOT a jagged/lightning bold one........what next?
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

ok so not this one in the picture i sent you ? SEND me a picture of it here ,you can uploaded

what was the issue before cleaning mass air flow ?

did you inspect the mass air flow that you did not damage the inner wire ?

what you mean maf cleaning of oxygen sensor

maf is one sensor and oxygen sensor are other sensors ,explain more on that so we are on same page so i can be accurate with my answers

please let me know

Thank You *****

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
sprayed MAF spray onto the metal sensors (careful NOT to touch anything in there....) had seena YouTube and was CAREFUL to NOT use BrakeClearner; WD 40 or ANYTHING but MAF spray.....had no real problems before doing this....but knew that MPG, etc. could improve if sensors cleaned.......also, put in new Air Filter.......????

with the car running if you unplug the maf sensor connector does the engine stumbles or rev up or you have no effect ,can you try & let me know

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
none of the pictures you sent me are correct............arrow on engine pic is STRAIGHT up and down...........NOT jagged; NOT lightning bolt (like I said the first time)...that is why I am talking to you...........could NOT find that diagram
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
lost your last answer
Expert:  david craig replied 6 days ago.

Hi Im David, if there was no problem with the vehicle before you sprayed the maf sensor and now you have a problem you sprayed too close to the tiny sensor wires and broke one of them. replace the maf sensor.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
none of the wires appear to be do you know what is wrong without being here.....NOT questioning your expertise.....just trying to learn how you KNOW that???

did you have a problem with the car before you cleaned the sensor?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
no problem before I cleaned THAT is how you tell it is the wire......sounds logical

common sense. pretty easy to figure it out. good day to you.