George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

2003 Saturn Vue V6. 3.0L. ll of the Gaskets have been

Customer Question

2003 Saturn Vue V6. 3.0L. ll of the Gaskets have been replaced, sealant added, and the crankcase ventilation reroute has been performed, . It's not even cold, and oil is blowing out like it's pressurized. Mechanic says toss the car. oil leak is so bad that garage would not even change the oil.
JA: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?
Customer: All of the gaskets have been replaced twice, or more..
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a frriend thats a mechanic. He was on a Vue Chat site. saw the ventilation hose reroute. that seemed to work for a while. but it's not even freezing here yet where the ventilation hose would freeze. oil is on the exhasut manifiold and I'm aftaid the thing will catch fire
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that sums it up
Category: Saturn
Expert:  david craig replied 5 months ago.

Hi Im David please allow me a moment to look up some info on your vehicle, thanks.

when you say sealant was added, what kind of sealant are you talking about?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

second time they put gasket sealant on because it blew out the first time without the sealant

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

This isn't just a poor job sealing. Two different mechanics have tried to solve this. For some reason, the engine is pressurizing and blowing the seals out.

i have nothing left. have is there an oil pressure gauge on the vehicles instrument panel?. you have had everything else done that needs to be done.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

No, there is no oil pressure gauge. The temperature does seem to get hotter on the dial though. My daughter reports it gets to 3/4 hot...which I assume is closer to the red...

that way to hot. it should never get to over mid gauge

you need to have a compression test done on the vehicle. and a pressure test done on the coolant system.

do you still need assistance?