Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

P0010 & P0013, No, 2009 Vue, I just had the codes checked. I

Customer Question

P0010 & P0013
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2009 Vue
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just had the codes checked. I am not sure where they are.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visitng the site, allow me a moment to pull that info up for you. thanks

P0010 - Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Control Circuit
Possible causes - Dirty Oil - Low engine oil level - Faulty Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid - Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid harness is open or shorted - Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid circuit poor electrical connection - Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
P0010 Description The Camshaft Position (CMP) actuator is attached to each camshaft and is hydraulically operated in order to change the angle of the camshaft relative to Crankshaft Position (CKP). The CMP actuator solenoid is controlled by the control module. The control module sends a pulse width modulated 12-volt signal to a CMP actuator solenoid. The solenoid controls the amount of engine oil flow to a CMP actuator. The CMP actuator can change the camshaft angle a maximum of 25 degrees. The control module increases the pulse width to accomplish the desired camshaft operation.

P0013 SATURN - Exhaust Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Control Circuit
Possible causes - Dirty Oil - Low engine oil level - Faulty Exhaust Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid - Exhaust Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid harness is open or shorted - Exhaust Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid circuit poor electrical connection - Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

P0013 Saturn Description The Camshaft Position (CMP) actuator is attached to each camshaft and is hydraulically operated in order to change the angle of the camshaft relative to Crankshaft Position (CKP). The CMP actuator solenoid is controlled by the control module. The control module sends a pulse width modulated 12-volt signal to a CMP actuator solenoid. The solenoid controls the amount of engine oil flow to a CMP actuator. The CMP actuator can change the camshaft angle a maximum of 25 degrees. The control module increases the pulse width to accomplish the desired camshaft operation.

first thing i would do is have the oil and filter changed. the timing components work off of oil pressure. if its dirty it has lost viscosity and therefore not applying the correct pressure to the vvt's and tensioners.

do you still need assistance?

hello?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Do you still need help?