Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

No problems, just have a question, l have strobes that l

Customer Question

No problems, just have a question, l have amber strobes that l want to wire into the turn signal and don't want the ion's turn signals to turn on so my question is If l take out the turn signal bulbs, then wire my strobes in, will my vehicle work or will the system think the bulbs are burned out?
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: There is no fuse on the diagram and my turn signals are tied into the BCM. l have a ion 1 and l my car is weird at times.
JA: What year is your Ion?
Customer: 2003 one of the first off the lot and first for so many problems
JA: Are you fixing your Ion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I went to my friend who's a mechanic and he told me my daytime running lamps are also my turn signals so if there was a fuse to take out, it would disable my turn signals as well.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm basically trying to turn my drl's off because they burn out quickly and l checked my wires and everythings good but l'd like to be able to turn them off but i'm not sure how.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 21 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

These strobes are they LED or filament?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
they are LED

If you remove filament bulbs and replace them with LEDs or bypass filament bulbs and use only LEDs, Yes, the car will believe you have blown bulbs and the lighting will not work correct because the bulbs are not drawing enough amps when in use. You will need to wire in resistors so the load on the circuit is similar to the filament bulbs to trick the system.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
l prefer to type, the thing that makes me angry is that my drl's are also my turn signals, if l take out the fuse, l can't use anything.

Your turn signals are not your daytime running lights. There is not a fuse between the BCM and the front and rear turn lamps. Do you need a wire diagram?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 15 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris