Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

The sunroof "fully closed" position is mis-calibrated. It

Customer Question

the sunroof "fully closed" position is mis-calibrated. It will still move, but when you try to put it in the "fully closed" position with the auto-close, it is slightly vented It returns to that position every time the ignition is off, so if I leave it outside in the rain, some water can get in I'm in Michigan, so with the snow coming soon, that is a problem
JA: Have you checked the battery lately?
Customer: replaced it back in the spring
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2008 Saturn Vue
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I started with google and found this page. I'd like to not take it to a dealer, but it may be a computer problem. trying to rule that out.
JA: The mechanic is ready to answer your VUE question. Is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: I think that is everything
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Jared D replied 2 months ago.

I'm just leaving the shop, so I hate to answer and run but I'll check back in to see if this works:

Sunroof Motor/Actuator Initialization/Teach Process

Perform the initialization/teach procedure on a reinstalled motor or a new motor.

Ensure the electrical harness on the headliner is connected to the sunroof motor, battery power is applied, and the ignition switch is ON.

1. If the sunroof window doesn't go to the vent open position the first time, release the switch and press the switch again.
  2. Activate the sunroof switch and hold the sunroof switch to the full vent open position until the sunroof window stops in the vent open position then release the switch.
  3. Reactivate the sunroof switch and hold the sunroof switch to the full vent open position for at least 10 seconds, then the window should move slightly.
  4. Verify the sunroof operation.

If the sunroof motor is new, cycle the sunroof seven (7) times to teach the motor/actuator initialization process.

If the initialization/teach procedure is not carried out completely, it has to be started again.

It sounds like the battery replacement may have cleared the sunroof programming and this will fix it. I'll check back this evening to see if it works.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Hi, do you still need help with this?

If not, please don't forget to rate.