George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

I baught a sl21994saturn in jan it needed a fuel pump but

Customer Question

I baught a sl21994saturn in jan it needed a fuel pump but after the first pump i have put two more pumps in also top&bottom heat sensers,fuelpump &fuel line housing then picked it up from the shop this fri brand new oump again drove it to reno 60 miles as long as it was on cruz control it ran fine but at stop lights or just idleing it would try to stall or just stall my brother Is a mechanic he said replace the fuel regulater modular that probably u it drove great while on cruz control it had a steady flow of fuel no flucuations in fuel like when stopped in gear at lights or idleing so we did after it started right up then a free no later died did that about two more times then died now it won't start fuelpump kicks on motor cranks checked the relays fuses fuel filter now what do we do
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Can I start by getting your VIN and any stored codes in the computer?

Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can give u the vin#but I don't have any codes i know that my mechanic has put a total of 4 fuel pumps in since I baught it in january plus the heat sensorsupper & lower ,plus a fuelpump &fuel lines harness that mounts in fuel tank &just replaced a fuel injector regulater yesterday it started right off then died then stayed running for a feww min the next time we have checked the relays&fuses for the fuelpump also now it won't start at all it cranks over seems its not getting any fuel but i was wondering if by us replacing the fuel regulater (we lost alot of fuel)if the injection system needs re-pressureized &if so how do we do it
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The vin # is ig8zh157xrz345051
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for that information. I have to step out for a bit but will be back early afternoon. I will do some digging for you and reply back

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay! I am back now and will be on line for the rest of the evening.

So the engine just cranks over and does not start?

Does it run on starting fluid?

What is the fuel pressure currently at?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No we have not tryied starter fluid as of Monday morning by cycling the ignition it started for a Minot but then died although I cycled the ignition a couple more times after it wouldnt start see i wanted to avoid having to take it back to the mechanic that's y i contacted u when i did because i needed my car to get home immediately see i have very limited income so 30 $ seemed cheaper then taking back to the shop unfortunately for me u didn't respond quickly enough &i had to tow ut back to the shop like i said i needed my car right then or within a hour or so but its at the shop now i think i will try starter fluid but i need a good charge on the battery we ran it down by cranking it trying to get it started
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Hello!

Sounds good and thank for the heads up!

Let me know the results of the test.