Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  22 years GM master tech..ase mater tech
19513769

I have a 2007 Hybrid Vue. The check engine light came on

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Hybrid Vue. The check engine light came on after I filled it with gas one day, I changed the fuel cap and that cleared the code, for a day. It came back on after I changed the oil???
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have only had it for a short while. I will not do big repairs myself, but the oil change was simple enough. The only thing i have done was to change the fuel cap...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

my name is Gary

I am sorry you have this problem

do you know what codes are set in the computer ?

any Firestone or Pep Boys will scan for codes for free and tell you the code number or numbers set

once we know the code number we will know what is wrong or at least what area the issue is in and the correct direction to take next

usually any EVAP codes set a shop will need to connect a smoke machine up to the vehicle and look for the visual smoek leaking to find the EVAP leak to fix the problem

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There are no engine codes thrown.
There is a B0029
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i notice that the ECO light doesn't come on like it used too. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't. The charge/Assist gauge seems to bounce around a lot...
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

if the check engine light is coming on it should have stored a code in the computers history

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have been to Auto zone and O'Riellys neither one found a code other than the B0029
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

if there is no codes lets see if another expert has seen this before

hang on another expert will replay back to you