Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

How do you too up power steering fluid on 2003 saturn vue,

Customer Question

How do you too up power steering fluid on 2003 saturn vue
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: Yes noises. Just bought it used
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My husband is. We haven't done anything with steering wheel yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

To top the power steering fluid off you are going to need to add the fluid to the reservoir See the steps in the link below for doing so.

. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Power%20steering%20Sept%2026.pdf

Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

That being said you can not check the fluid because your system should be electric. The electric power steering (EPS) system reduces the amount of effort needed to steer the vehicle. The system uses the body control module (BCM), power steering control module (PSCM), torque sensor, discrete battery voltage supply circuit, EPS motor, serial data bus, and the instrument panel cluster (IPC) message center to perform the system functions. The PSCM, torque sensor, nor the EPS motor are serviced separately from each other or from the steering column. Ant EPS components diagnosed to be malfunctioning requires replacement of the steering column assembly, also known as the EPS assembly.