George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years

I have a 2005 Vue - reduced engine power light and check

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Vue - reduced engine power light and check engine light coming on often. I had multiple accelerator pedals replaced, the ECM replaced (although the dealership used a remanufactured part), sensors replaced, connectors replaced. This has been an ongoing issue for several years. Now the problem is several times a day - I should say several times each short trip. It's a safety issue. I either need to get it fixed or sell the car soon.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: They both stay on
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. A dealership. When they couldn't get to the problem, I took it to a mechanic who specializes in electrical issues.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: After I turn off the vehicle and turn it back on, it may run fine for several miles - or several feet
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Has the throttle body and the connector been replaced?