Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience

I have tried to call my local GM/Chevrolet dealership

Customer Question

hi! I have tried to call my local GM/Chevrolet dealership service center regarding my 2004 Saturn ION 4 door sedan w/o a sunroof; there are two windows that will not go down. It is the window on the driver's side and diagonally the passenger back window. The dealership is not calling me back! I am not sure what to do? It may be a fuse?
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: not really. It has happened once before. In that circumstance I was able to guide it up and down because it was stuck. This time however it seems like the motor has gone out. The two other windows in the car work just fine.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't know how to fix it. I wanted a quote from the dealership; but I guess not because they are not calling me back. I was probably going to ask my husband's friend who own his garage to fix it. I just don't know if the problem is more than a fuse. I can buy a fuse piece and replace it myself; but I don't know if that is the only issue. The car has 150k+ miles
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have been driving it less since I am out work currently and it has been really hot in MD. I originally thought it may just be stuck. When you press the button to put down the window(s) the motor makes a faint GRR sound. It sounds like the motor is trying to turn over.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

It is not a fuse problem, it sounds like the window motors/regulators are bad. There was a factory service bulletin on the front ones.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help

You’re welcome and please come again, anytime, thanks.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, (positively) **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.