Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

I have a saturn vue 2009 4 cylinder engine the car is turned

Customer Question

I have a saturn vue 2009 4 cylinder engine the car is turned off but still sounds like it is running... it has been running for almost an hour now not the car but it sounds like a fan inside the car I know last time it done this my car would not start day adter after
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Can you please explain to me what is going on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything so far because I am not a mechanic
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I did just have my spark plugs changed out, and my fuel part cleaned out, and just had an oil change as well
JA: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?
Customer: 200,000 miless Almos a month ago
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 3 months ago.

Most likely the issue is a faulty cooling fan relay, and yes, if it continues to run it will drain the battery, In the fuse relay center locate the relay for the cooling fan or the fuse for the cooling fan and TEMPORARILY remove it until the fan completely stops then put it back. This should stop the fan until you are ready to use the car again, get it repaired as soon as possible. Please Rate my answer, if you have further questions I will answer them, as well, until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What would I need to get repaired

Either the relay is failed and needs to be replaced or there is a short circuit that needs to be repaired, Please Rate my answer, if you have further questions I will answer them, as well, until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How much is this sort of problem to fix

Relay less than 50.00 with labor, Short circuit is usually by the hour at 100.00 per hour around here, and varies depending on how much damage has occurred. Please Rate my answer, if you have further questions I will answer them, as well, until you are completely satisfied with my answers.