Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

The Service Airbag light stays on in my 2007 Saturn Aura

Customer Question

The Service Airbag light stays on in my 2007 Saturn Aura when operating the car. How can this be fixed?
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: No
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to fix this myself. I have tried disconnecting the negative battery cable. I have tried turning the car on without starting and waiting for 7 seconds for the light to go off. neither of these tips has worked.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I do not think so. The transmission was rebuilt last week under a Saturn transmission notice, but the airbag light was on before that.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you.The SRS system can be dangerous and tricky to work on and all their connectors are also different and tricky to disconnect. But to turn that light off You have to find out what is causing the SRS ECU turning it on and that would be a fault found in the system and a code stored in the ECU . What you need to do is have it scanned to reveal the code and go from there. If you just go pulling wires and connectors you may damage the system or injure yourself. So first thing is to retrieve the code and that will tell you where to start and what part may be at fault. Hope this helps you with your decisions and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so