George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

P0449. I have replaced the purge solinoid already. Code is

Customer Question

P0449. I have replaced the purge solinoid already. Code is still in memory even after cleared. In looking at thevent valve now, but it's on top of the fuel tank.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: No problems with anything, mpg and startup are fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 08vue xe 2.4
JA: What year is your Vue?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Vent valve under hood
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The code shows twice on the scan tool
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Do you have a test light? Do you have a scan tool with DATA?