Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  22 years GM master tech..ase mater tech
19513769

The key is stuck in the ignition, No not at all. And the key

Customer Question

The key is stuck in the ignition
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: No not at all. And the key is not damaged
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: Saturn outlook 2007
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. And I have moving everything
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

the key slides all the way in the ignition lock fine ?

and the shifter is in park ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is in park and yes it does
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

when this happens and the vehicle is NOT on a big incline and the steering wheel is not jammed all the way to the right or left the issue is usually the tumblers in the ignition lock with one a few stuck not allowing the ignition lock to turn

you can spray some wd40 down into the lock where the key goes and then put the key all the way in and strike the back of the head head with a hammer a few good strikes and see if it will turn if not apply a little pressure on the key to the right while striking it and see if it will turn if it still will not turn i am sorry to say the ignition lock cylinder would have to be changed

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The seems like it's blocked. Nothing works. I can't even lock the doors or start the car or anything
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

will it turn with a jump start ?

and be 100 % sure the transmission is in park

if those both check out and it will will not turn the only thing left is a tumbler broke inside the ignition lock cylinder

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No its like it's dead. And it is in park. I can't even move it to D or R. Can't move it at all
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

try a jump start first

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Doesn't work. And the key still stuck.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

if the battery is good and the vehicle has full power to it the only thing left is a bad ignition lock cylinder