sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

We have a 2003 Saturn Vue. The brakes were locked up so we

Customer Question

We have a 2003 Saturn Vue. The brakes were locked up so we changed the Brake master cylinder, the front drive side caliper, which was the tightest locked up, and bleed. took for a test drive and the front drivers side was smoking and locked up, along with the other tires being quite hot to the touch. Can you help? We were told that it could be the brake proportioning valve, but when we look up this part on rock auto, there is no such part.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you

Is the right front wheel the only one that is severely locked up?

Hi, this is Josh checking in again. I haven't heard from you all and just wanted a progress report. Are you still looking for help on this problem?

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you have just one wheel that appears to be dragging I would first suspect a collapsed hose if the caliper has been ruled out. Will the caliper release if the bleeder is opened?