Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

I have 2007 Saturn Vue. Husband had viper remote start put

Customer Question

Hi. I have 2007 Saturn Vue. Husband had viper remote start put in and not long after that is when the problem began. I would start my car and every so often it would turn off and the security light would come on and my car wouldn't start. I had to turn the key to the on position and wait for the light to stop blinking so I could start the car. It's happening now several times a week. The other day I couldn't get it to start after 4 tries of waiting for the light to go off. Finally got it started the next day. I have a trip to Tenessee in less then a week. Please help!! Thank you
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

If you're sure that the issues began after the remote starter was fitted I'd say the 1st thing to do is to remove this device? and put the car back to normal?

as its a prime candidate for upsetting the security system and then preventing a normal start

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We took it back to Mickey Shore and they did disconnect the remote start about 2 1/2 months ago. They said they put everything back the way it was but the problem still persists and is becoming more frequent. If I take it to a repair shop what should I tell them because I think it's a computer issue but could it be the ignition.... Was it something the place we bought and installed the remote start did to it? Maybe they messed up the connection.?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

I'd say its highly likely that they've done some wiring damage when initially fitting the remote start and now you have a short or poor connection thats giving all these issues

I'd suggest getting in touch with an auto electrician and get them to check over the work and ensure insulation has been carried out correctly and the work is to the required standard

there are usually small firms that can come to you for this

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you