Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

Brought car into shop, check engine lite on and off again a

Customer Question

brought car into shop, check engine lite on and off again a few days prior, the car driving okay, then next morning car would not start, it cranks over just would not start, auto repair just called, said they checked fuel pressure, replaced ignition module and said car does not have any spark? compression check came back 150% ?
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2005 saturn vue 4cyl 2 wheel
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: the sterio was left on and the car battery died, and the car had to be jumped. then missfired last week, son says he did not hold the key down long enough and that is when it missfired.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we have it with an auto repair shop! we will not be working on it our self. I just want to be informative and understand what the mechanic may come back at me with, so I know my options. I live in California and the auto is at a shop in Washington state
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the shop did not check for a signal for rpm on a scan tools data list this should be done.If there is no rpm signal this can be a fault with the crank position sensor.This sensor is common to fail and causes a no spark issue on several models.In allot of cases it is more common to fail then the ignition module.I would have them check and see if this is the cause here needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete