FIXITMAN, Master Technician

I pulled the front two spark plug wires off, my daughter

Customer Question

I pulled the front two spark plug wires off, my daughter drove it without the wires connected. When she turned the engine key to off, the car engine remained on. I disconnected the positive battery cable to get the engine off. Now it won't start. What do I do to start it?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** would not be related to the spark plug wires begin taken off. Most of the time it is caused by a bad ignition switch. These are a common issue on this vehicle. The switch fails internally and will not allow the circuits to be shut down. This can be tested at the switch with a voltage meter. It can also be a computer or fuse box issue but those are not as common. If you need more help with this please let me know.