Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

Im at a gas station and my car won't start. This gas been

Customer Question

Im at a gas station and my car won't start. This gas been happening for about three weeks. I notice if my park light indicator on my dash is slightly blinking I know my car is not going to start when I try to start it up again. Also when this occurs the key will not come out of the ignition for several minutes. I have no power. I turn the key now and nothing. I normally wait 15 to 30 minutes and ill hear a click..which just happened and I know my car will crank..what could this be.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Fluctuate. I thought my car would start but the key is stuck in the ignition.
JA: What year is your Station?
Customer:(###) ###-####saturn vue xr. I got the key out of the ignition.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2008 saturn
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: When the car get ready to start from Thu long period of being off I notice the orange indicator for I think radiator comes on...dont have my car manual so im not positive.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 3 months ago.

Most likely, You have a failed instrument cluster or shiftor or both, Electrical troubleshooting will have to be done by an accomplished professional technician to determine which components need to be replaced. Wait for next time the vehicle will function normally and drive straight to a GM Dealership, there is a recall out for similar symptoms. Please Accept and Rate my answer, if you have further questions ,I will continue to answer them until you are completely satisfied.