Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

My wife's 2005 Saturn ION 2 is running rough, occasional

Customer Question

My wife's 2005 Saturn ION 2 is running rough, occasional misfire, stall, etc. Dealer just replaced the TCM last Friday. I drove the car today and it started running rough. I brought it home, plugged in my scan tool and it can't get any data. It says the vehicle won't communicate. The car has 79,000 miles on it. Engines compartment is pretty clean, no visible short but not sure where to test. How do you test the ecm / pcm?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 5 months ago.

The dealer that worked on the car a week ago will need to check voltage and ground at the data link connector, if they replaced the TCM a week ago. If I were you I would not work on the car myself but rather call them up for a parts and labor warranty most Dealerships have a 12 month 12 k miles , parts and labor warranty as long as you bring it back to them in a reasonable amount of time and no other technicians touch their work. If you attempt to repair this yourself They will void their warranty.Please accept my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Please accept my answer, if you have any further questions I will answer them until you are completely satisfied with my answers.