Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

2008 cue hybrid stuck in park. Can't shift. Can't start car,

Customer Question

2008 cue hybrid stuck in park. Can't shift. Can't start car
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: Brake lights OK. No codes
JA: What is the model of your '08 Saturn?
Customer: Hybrid vue
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Looking under console cover to see if anything broken. Tried turning wheels. Car seems to be in neutral not lark
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Does system need to be reset?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can I would have the 12 volt battery checked/tested to make sure this is o.k. here.I have seen this fail in the past before needing replaced in some cases.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. this may be a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch fail in the past before needing replaced and can sometimes cause issues like this here.If you can I would have the fault codes read out/checked with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete