Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

2001 Saturn 1.9 stick sporadically will not start asin turn

Customer Question

2001 Saturn 1.9 stick sporadically will not start asin turn the key and totally nothing no click no nothing .
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: ill check
JA: What is the model of your '01 Saturn?
Customer: s series I noticed when you turn the key the radio goes blank
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: hopefully
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the steering wheel does turn as you asked
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So if the radio goes blank there is a bad connection somewhere. Try cleaning your battery terminals and cable ends and let me know what happens. We may need to do more but let's start here.Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny