Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.
14928985

After drving when you stop it will shut off and not start

Customer Question

after drving when you stop it will shut off and not start again until engine cools
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me the year and model as well as engine size in your vehicle here?

Have you had the fault codes checked at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2000 Saturn ls2 v6
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
codes has been checked
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

O.k.,this is usually due to a common failure of the crank sensor.This sensor is located at the back of the engine as shown below.It heats up with the engine and causes the stall out and will not allow a restart until the vehicle sits and cools anywhere from 1 minute to an hour or more in some cases.This sensor is also common to act up and not cause any fault codes to set making it difficult to diagnose as well.I have had to replace this sensor several times before for this issue here.It is usually less then $75 at a parts store and less then an hour to have replaced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/imhw90zq2mf0l63/cr-07-25.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
which number on the diagram is it
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

#1

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did not get a reply
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I posted above did you get the reply at all on its position?It is #1 in the diagram

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. Your help was greatly appreciated. Great job.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Your welcome

Feel free to rate my help above.

Thanks Pete