Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Just replaced manuel trans and now no voltage up front???

Customer Question

just replaced manuel trans and now no voltage up front???
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** checking fuse block for power use ground on battery for ground. If you have good reading when using battery ground but not frame/engine ground you know there is a ground problem. If still no voltage you know it is a wiring/connection problem between battery and fuse box. Let me know how it goes or if you run into more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
battery is in trunk and grounds to body their
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

There are other grounds so lets still do the test. Use battery negative for lead negative then check for power at fuse box. You will need to use a long jumper wire to do this test. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
is there a junction in the middle
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

No there isn't, the power goes straight from battery to fuse box. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.