Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Just replaced manuel trans and now no voltage up front???

Customer Question

just replaced manuel trans and now no voltage up front???
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** checking fuse block for power use ground on battery for ground. If you have good reading when using battery ground but not frame/engine ground you know there is a ground problem. If still no voltage you know it is a wiring/connection problem between battery and fuse box. Let me know how it goes or if you run into more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
battery is in trunk and grounds to body their
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

There are other grounds so lets still do the test. Use battery negative for lead negative then check for power at fuse box. You will need to use a long jumper wire to do this test. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is there a junction in the middle
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

No there isn't, the power goes straight from battery to fuse box. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.