Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience

My 2004 Saturn is leaking significant water on the passenger

Customer Question

My 2004 Saturn is leaking significant water on the passenger side and upon turning the AC on a little puff of what appears to be blackish condensation comes from the center vents. It also smells horrible.
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: it on leaks when the AC is on. Upon turning a sharp corner you can actually hear the water moving inside and then it will begin leaking.
JA: What is the model of your '04 Saturn?
Customer: ion
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my husband dropped it off at the mechanic earlier and even before looking at it stated it was the evaporator and it would be a $600 job due to pulling out the dash
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: in the last 3 months Ive had the AC recharged and within one week it stopped working. at that point I returned to the mechanic and they replace the condenser and receiver/dryer...another $500 job. less than 2 months later and there is leaking. at this point we have spent over $600 on the AC
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

There has been a factory service bulletins, (not a recall) for both of those concerns. Both under one hour labor.

Here are links to what they state. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Did you get them?

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the bulletin instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,

Just checking to see how everything went on the 2004 Saturn.