Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech

I have a 2004 Saturn Vue with about 135,000 miles that I

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Saturn Vue with about 135,000 miles that I love. I recently started noticing that it has been losing power and doesn't seem to want to propel forward. It starts to shake a bit at around 45 if I'm pushing the pedal down hard to accelerate. When I sat idle it would drop from 1k rpm to below and back up. No engine lights are on or have come on. I recently had a fan control unit replaced but that doesn't seem to be any part of the issue. Any insights would be welcome.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ronnie replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Even though your not seeing an engine light I would still start with scanning the computer system to see if there are any fault codes setting in memory . I would also run a fuel pressure test while the lack of power is occurring and see if its holding steady. If you can get these things done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you with this .

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for answering my question. I just took it into the shop but since the problem is inconsistent I am not sure what they are going to be able to check. I asked them to check the fuel line but I will just have to wait and see if they can duplicate the problem.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 3 months ago.

Okay , Im here if needed. Thank you as well.