Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

The driver side windshield wiper stopped working. It looks

Customer Question

The driver side windshield wiper stopped working. It looks like the bolt that holds the wiper down is stripped. The arm does not move but the motor still works. I tighten the bolt and works for 2-3 swipes and then overlaps the passenger side
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Everything works, motor and such, its just the are will not tighten down enough to hold the arm
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2008 Saturn Vue
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I have tried to tighten the bolt that holds the arm down but do not want to over tighten
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

You may need to remove and replace the wiper transmission assembly, the wiper arm could also need replacement. Also replace the nut. You will need to remove the arm and assess the problem and order parts as needed.

If you need more help, we can continue this conversation. If not, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan