George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years

Tried jumping my sisters car and then my daytime running

Customer Question

Tried jumping my sisters car and then my daytime running lights, door locks, power steering and interior lights wont work. Disconnected battery to try to reset and now it dies immediately after starting. It is a 2003 Saturn vue with a 2.2 litre 4 cyl engine
JA: Have you checked the power steering fluid? Will the wheel turn at all?
Customer: it doesn't take power steering fluid it is electronic and yes the wheel turns
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tested the fuses is there any way to check the relay circuits
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  chevygeorge replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm here to assist you. It is likely that when jumping the other vehicle, you may have blown the 60 amp mega fuse that powers the electric power steering. Please give me a moment to pull up the documents, to determine if the other symptoms are related to that circuit.

There appears to be 3 B+ leads coming off the battery. One goes to the starter, one to the Electric power steering fuse(80 amp) and one to the under hood fuse block. The EPS fuse is a contained fuse, as visual inspection will not tell you if it is blown. You'll need to check for voltage on both sides of the fuse or continuity across the fuse. I would also inspect the 3 leads coming off the battery for damage. Is the security light staying on when the key is turned to the run position?

It is likely the Body control module has failed, as it controls all the components you listed, except the EPS