Pete, Saturn Mechanic
Experience:  17 years Saturn Technician experience.

My saturn vue has a few kinks. the ac gets cool not cold

Customer Question

My saturn vue has a few kinks. the ac gets cool not cold (just had it charged) the battery lght is on (new battery and alternator check out) the transmissin slips I will have the trans serviced to see if that helps.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: I do not have a scan tool and i am told the cost to have a diagnostic done at the dealer is about $100
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Saturn Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What year is your Vue?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would not know where to start regarding how to work on the car
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I believe that is all. The skipping trans., battery light on ( had checked and altonator and battery OK) and cool but not cold a/c (had filled 2 days ago)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this here today.

If there is an actual voltage issue this can cause faults with the transmission shifting properly as well as the AC operating properly and the battery light.If the battery and alternator have been tested and found o.k. I would check and make sure the battery cables are clean and tight.If these are all found to be o.k. you can get the fault codes read out at no cost to you at a local parts store like Auto Zone in most cases.I would have the codes checked and post them here if you can.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete