George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

I have p0050 code. have changed 2 o2 sensors wondering if

Customer Question

I have p0050 code . have changed 2 o2 sensors wondering if there is more that i'm not seeing? Also when driving at highway speeds at 1800-2200 rpm and try to maintain speed on a slight incline the engine stumbles or studders it doesn't pull smoothly
JA: What happens when you step on the gas? Do you notice a rough idle?
Customer: no but if I accelerate hard enough to move through that rpm range it runs fine
JA: What is the model of your '200 Saturn?
Customer: It's a 2009 outlook xr.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I would like to.I mentioned the studdering to a outlook service person he sujested fuel injector cleaner which i did no improvement have also changed two o2 sensors might try cleaning mass air sensor and throttle body
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  david craig replied 5 months ago.

Hi Im david, cleaning the throttlebody and mass airflow sensor is a good idea, also cleaning the idle air control motor and egr valve is a good idea. its a fault off the bank 2 sensor 1 circuitry , so replacing more than that one was not necessary. if cleaning the above mentioned components does not help then we will have to look at the wiring from the sensors connector to the ecm.