Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

2006 vue manual transmission had cylinder and master

Customer Question

2006 vue manual transmission had slave cylinder and master cylinder changed car drove well for 2 days then couldn't shift. Back in shop 4 days drove for 1 day won't shift into gear again. What could it be?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

How does the clutch pedal feel when if does not shift?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Loose have to pus to floor. Came out of shop normal loosens over a day or so.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Sounds like you have a leak in the hydraulic lines that go to the slave and master cylinder. It is drawing air in the system, or the system was not properly bled of air in the first place.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan