Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC
15093763

2003 Saturn Ion..radio is stuck on "lock" i do not have any

Customer Question

2003 Saturn Ion..radio is stuck on "lock" i do not have any info as to code...the previous owners don't remember about it. I have learned the chevy dealer might be able to help me but will charge $50....no good, i spent my money on the car!
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we pulled the fuse and the word lock is gone, replaced the fuse and there is 4 dashes.
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 5 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****.
I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Can you give me your VIN# so I can see get some information?

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Im a little unclear how to communitcate with you. it seems like i need to make the $5 deposit everytime I send a response. Is that correct? Did you receive my vin #? again it is 1g8al52fx3z126726
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i paid money last night and have no answers. just a request for my vin# ***** i have given. do i get an answer or not? if you don't know, then say so.

Sorry for the delayed response. We are all not online 24/7 so we sometimes don't see that you have responded back until later on.

Below is the procedure for getting the code.

Deactivating Theft Deterrent - Radio in “LOCK” or “- - - -” Mode (Code Unknown)

When the theft deterrent feature is armed or secure (SEC), the radio can enter the locked state if the power is removed from the radio for greater than 20 seconds or an incorrect code is attempted 3 times. An error message is displayed after every wrong entry.

When the radio is in the LOCK (locked) mode, “LOCK” is displayed and all radio functions are disabled.

Before another attempt at the correct code can be made, the radio must be ON and the display must show “LOCK” for an hour. After an hour, “- - - -” will be displayed and the correct code may be entered using the following steps:

If the customer code is unknown, perform the following steps to retrieve the customer code:

Turn ignition ON.
Turn radio power OFF.
Press and hold preset buttons “1” and “2” for 5-seconds. A 4-digit code will be displayed. This number is ***** the customer's code. Record this number as it is needed before technical support is called.
Using a touch tone phone only, call the technical support system at 1-***-***-**** (USA & Canada). When advised, give the following information:
Your retailer code.
The 4-digit radio display code obtained in step 3.
In response, you will receive the factory unlock code; record this number.
NOTE: The factory unlock code received is the same as the code that was entered by the customer.
Turn ignition ON.
Press the radio power button. The display will show “- - - -”.
Enter the four-digit code by using the SEEK/SCAN and TUNE rocker buttons. The numbers will start at 0000 and will increase on the display each time the corresponding side of the rocker button is pushed.
Press the down arrow side of the SEEK/SCAN rocker button to change the left digit.

Press the up arrow side of the SEEK/SCAN rocker button to change the second to left digit.
Press the down arrow side of the TUNE rocker button to change the third to left digit.
Press the up arrow side of the TUNE rocker button to change the fourth to left digit.
Press the AM/FM button after entering the 4-digit code. If the correct code has been entered, the radio will return to the SEC (armed) mode and normal operation will return. If the wrong code has been entered, the display will show an error message and display “- - - -” indicating another attempt at the correct code can be made.

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.
If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.

Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!
Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have gone through those steps and the code they gave me over the phone does not unlock the radio. What can I do next?

Did you Press the AM/FM button after entering the correct 4-digit code?