Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech

The security light goes on and off repetitively when brakes

Customer Question

the security light goes on and off repetitively when brakes are used, does't stop this for several minutes of driving
JA: Have you checked the brake light switch? How about the fuses?
Customer: not sure where those are?
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2003 Vue
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No taking to my mechanic, just trying to give him some information
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of, nothing major has been wrong with the car until this started about 2 months ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ronnie replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing you need to do to determine what is causing this type of problem is to connect a scan tool and scan the system and see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results of the scan as well as any fault codes retrieved I will see If I can help you determine the cause.