rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Searching reason our 2007 Saturn Ion loses power. Not sure

Customer Question

Searching for a reason our 2007 Saturn Ion loses power.
JA: Have you checked the spark plugs? When was your air filter last changed?
Customer: Not sure about the air filter. but yes for spark plug. The code reader said throttle sensor. It was replaced. Car was good for a while, now having same issue.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We replaced the acceleration module too
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Car has a water leak. a lot of moisture in the car too. We are taking it to a shop today to see where the leak is. It is actually my son's college car and I didn't realize that the leak has been for over a year. Co-insides with the issue as well.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

I would suspect either a weak fuel pump or an exhaust restriction. These can both be tested with special tools to verify.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What about bulletin: 07-06-04-019A?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

You always address a bulletin first, then do other testing from there.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.