cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to work on all makes and models

I have a 2005 Saturn ion 3,as you drive down the road, it

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Saturn ion 3,as you drive down the road, it doesn't want to take gas, transmission felt like coasting,door locks kept locking and unlocking,then it would take off. Is the ecm the same as the bcm on this car ?
Category: Saturn
Expert:  cardoctor74 replied 3 months ago.

Is the check engine light on this vehicle ? Was there any recent work done to the vehicle ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no on both questions

OK by any chance is the battery light on as well and did this happen after a heavy rain?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No rain, no engine lights

Ok this all points towards either a shorted alternator or failing ECU the cars main computer .Do me a favor try this.Disconnect the vehicles battery for a half hour then reconnect the battery alert of times this will reset the computer and fix the issue let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Battery has been disconnected a few days, I will reinstall the computer tomorrow and drive do I get ahold of you tomorrow ?
And is the computer that you are talking about near the fusebox ?

Yes thats the one near the fuse box.All you need to do is add to the question even after you rate excellent service i will be here to help you for no further charge if needed.This is the next step.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.Im here if you ever need any further assistance just let me know .

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thank you, ***** *****

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I sent the ecu off to get it fixed,does the same thing,door locks lock And unlock and the car won't take gas
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Tom are you on here? Problem still exists