Chris (aka- Moose), Saturn Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My saturn Aura seatbelts (driver and passenger side) are

Customer Question

Hi, my saturn Aura seatbelts (driver and passenger side) are locked.Im looking for a solution or something
JA: What year is your Aura?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: if its fixable then yes. I'm not sure where to start. I've tried loosing it but its not budging
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: the engine turns and the battery is about 4 years old
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no that s all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Sorry about the long delay. I beieve I can help on this concern if you are still wanting/needing help.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I still want the help

When you have a seat belt issue like gunk on the belt that is in the retractor preventing smooth retraction or the belt is twisted. Those are things you can address. If neither of those are to blame and there is something wrong in the retractor preventing the belt from coming out. For safety reasons it is best to replace the seat belt and retractor assembly. There are no diagrams to fix a retractor nor would I suggest trying, just replace them. In your case does it appear the issue is inside the retractor, if so do you need the replacement directions?

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.