Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

No air is coming out of my vents. I can hear my A/C motor

Customer Question

No air is coming out of my vents. I can hear my A/C motor running, but nothing coming out.
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: Yes, it was working great yesterday. I had my radiator compression test done because mt coolant light kept on coming on. After that is when it stopped blowing air, hot and cold
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2006 Saturn Ion 2
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to fix it myself, single mom. I will be changing the cabin filter; located in my glovebox.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No, my car runs great besides this. I keep my maintenance up.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

You could have a couple of problems, have you checked the cabin filter? Sometimes it can become quite clogged, and restrict air flow intake to the blower. your mode door could also be stuck in a position that is not allowing the air to flow through the vents.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help?

Thanks Dan