Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

My 03 v6 saturn vue just started stalling. It drives fine

Customer Question

My 03 v6 saturn vue just started stalling. It drives fine and then out of no where it will begin to sputter and eventually cut off. When it does all the lights on the dash light especially the security light. It blinks a few times and then caput.the car may coast enough for me to pull over. On a good day it restarts quick on a bad day it feels like it wants to turn over but can't.
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: No check engine light or anything. And yes it stall while driving and any where. Almost got rear ended today
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: Saturn vue/ 03 v6 engine awd
JA: What year is your Saturn?
Customer: 03
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fuel filter replacement and engine tune up. Replace core packs on both sides of engine and a fuel pump replacement . both primary. And secondary. Pumps
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Security light flashes right before it cuts off. Thought maybe it had a kill switch on the car. Oh and I changed the oxygen sensors
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** common thing to cause these types of issues on this vehicle is the ignition switch/lock cylinder. This is about a $200 job to have done at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions or would like replacement instructions to do it yourself. Thanks.