sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My KEY is stuck in the ignition. It's on the ACC, Thank u

Customer Question

Hi my KEY is stuck in the ignition. It's on the ACC
JA: Any trouble turning the key in the ignition? Do you have a key fob?
Customer: Thank u for reaching out
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: I don't know what a key fob is
JA: What year is your Saturn?
Customer: It's 2004 Saturn vue
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Tried nothing so far
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the key cannot be removed then odds are it isn't turned to the lock position. If it is indeed in the lock position where it should come out but will not then the issue has to be the lock cylinder or damage to the key itself.

Odds are that isn't the case and it hasn't been turned back far enough to allow it to be removed. If the key will not turn to the lock position the most likely cause would be that the transmission isn't fully in park or there is an issue with the brake/shifter interlock. If the trans isn't fully in park it could be a cable adjustment issue, the shifter itself, an issue in the trans or something physically blocking cable movement. An interlock issue may be a problem with the shifter itself or a misadjusted/bad interlock cable.