Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech

I know you are going to say its not posable but. when I push

Customer Question

I know you are going to say its not posable but. when I push the button for A/C the transmission downshifts to 2nd gear and won't up shift until I disconnect the battery and reconnect it. Everything with the HVAC works just fine until I push the A/C button. I need a wiring diagram of the PCM so I can trace wires from a/c to pcm.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

There are five diagram that cover the complete engine control system. See them in the link below. Copy and paste the links to your browser to open and view them.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think I may have figured out the problem. Can you check if there is different part numbers for a 2006 wiring harness and pcm and the 2007 . When I replaced the motor, it is a 2006 and I left the wiring harness on the motor and the pcm is a 2007. My thought is there may be a difference and I need to change the wiring.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for answering !
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

Your very welcome , The wiring harness should be the same but the PCM programming is very likely different. Unfortunately You are going to need to contact your dealer parts department to check this. I do not have access to there parts listing.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Then flashing the pcm might take care of the problem?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

That sure is a good possibility and I would consider doing so.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It would not take re-programing. It won't even start now. Can a used one be re-programed if it is for a Saturn vue 3.5l v6 like mine? Only with a different vin in it?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

In most cases it can be programmed even used but if your is not taking a flash then its likely defective. That the biggest reason used units are never used because there is often time a programming conflict.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The tech said he will try to program them. A new one is 800.00 One of them I have is the one that came with the motor. It came out of a wreck. It should be ok I HOPE !
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

I would go with that one and hopefully that will do the trick.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will let you know tomorrow then pay you. Thanks for all your help !
Expert:  Ronnie replied 4 months ago.

Sure thing, Im here all day tomorrow as well if you need me.