George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

My 2008 Vue has a starting problem. The key turns and locks,

Customer Question

My 2008 Vue has a starting problem. The key turns and locks, can't start, no dashboard lights, key won't come out.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: The car is in park. Don't know about the wheel lock feature. Sometimes the key fob won't work either.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Took it to GMC dealer, he kept it for 4 days, and said it never happened for him, and cost me $95.00. I drove it to the store afterward and it did it again. Took it to another GMC dealer, they replaced the battery in the key fob, made sure I was putting the key in correctly and it worked for two days and it happened again. This time a guy jumped the battery after about 1 hour, the key came out, drove home and the car worked for 2 days then it happened again. It''s now sitting in the drive-way and I can't get it to start. Key locks in and nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The last time it happened, I drove to the store, pushed the lock button on the key fob and the doors woundn't lock. Then the same thing happened, key goes in, turns, and locks, no lights...zip, zero. Really frustrating.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Saturn Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Saturn
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, Have you had the vehicles battery checked?